Travel depicts hurried sprints and long lines sprawling through the terminals. Also, it is associated with shoulder, back, wrist and neck pain and at times you even might get injured lifting and carrying heavy luggage. Hence, in order to make sure that you reach back home safely without any injuries it is very much important that you pick the right bag, pack it and carry it right. Visit LuxTime for more options to choose from before travel, to pick the apt one for you. Below mentioned are a few tips you need to follow in order to avoid any luggage-related injury.
- Whenever you buy new luggage choose a light piece with handle and wheels that is sturdy.
- Do not overstuff the bag, you should pack it lightly. It is best if you pack the times in one or more small bags rather than packing everything in one large piece. Most of the airlines prohibit carrying check-in baggage that weighs more than 40 lbs.
- When you lift a heavy bag, always ensure that you stand alongside the bag and bend at knees and not at the waist. Lift the bag giving pressure to leg muscles by grasping the handle. Once the luggage is lifted, you should hold it quite close to the body.
- You should never rush or be in a hurry while carrying or lifting the suitcase.
- You should not carry a heavy bag for a longer time period. If at all the bag is heavy, it is best that you check-in the luggage instead of carrying it on a bus, plane or train.
- If you are carrying a backpack, ensure that it got adjustable shoulder straps and has two pads. Never sling the backpack over your one shoulder as the weight does not get distributed evenly and can cause strain on your muscles.